Leading Eye Hospital in Zagreb
This leading eye hospital in Zagreb specialises in ophthalmology. It currently has 30 specialist ophthalmologists and one specialist anaesthesiologist, 4 residents of ophthalmology and 60 other employees. It is well known for attaining the highest standards in expertise using the very latest technical equipment.
At the cutting edge of ophthalmology, the hospital is the only institution in the region which offers a complete service in eye care. Besides refractive laser surgery, cataract surgery and corneal transplant surgery they also perform many other procedures including; vitrectomy operations, glaucoma surgery by mini shunt procedure, strabismus surgery, eyelid plastic surgery, sty treatment, and prosthetic aesthetic silicon ball implantation.
Housed in a nine-floor building, the hospital has 6 state-of-the-art fully equipped operating theatres and 8 specialised departments. Each department has it’s own comfortable and spacious waiting rooms, which are soothing places to be. This helps every patient to feel calm and relaxed before any examination or operation.
Patients who decide they wish to rest after their operation or patients who have undergone general anaesthesia, are situated in comfortable two-bed or one-bed apartments with 24 hour clinical supervision.
The level of care at the hospital is superb, with every member of staff ensuring a patients stay is as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
Features of the hospital include:
- The most high-tech diagnostics division and ambulatory care facility
- Their very own eye bank
- One-bed and two-bed rooms for postoperative stay
- Haematology laboratory
- Division for internal medicine
- Multifunctional conference room facilitated with digital multimedia equipment that offers live- streaming to any Wi-Fi connected location
They are the only institution in the region that provides complete ophthalmic care including:
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Phakic Lens Implantation
- Cataract Surgery
- Complete Ophthalmic Diagnostics
- Treatment of Retinal Diseases
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- Emergency Services Department
- Department for Retinal Diseases
- Department for Cataracts
- Department for Glaucoma and Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Department for Paediatrics - Department for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Department for Cornea and Department for Refractive Surgery
Click the thumbnails for larger images