Hospital Selection Process
Each hospital is chosen by Operations Abroad only after a meticulous selection process which confirms the hospital as being amongst the best medical providers in their respective location.
We work with foreign embassies and consulates to find the best private healthcare providers in their countries which are most suitable for UK and international patients.
Below you can find more details of the criteria which is required by Operations Abroad when selecting our overseas hospital partners:-
The hospitals we work with are required to be members of an international healthcare accreditation body such as:-
JCI, TEMOS, ISO, JCAHO
All of these accreditation bodies assess the hospitals to make sure they are providing amongst the highest levels of medical care for patients.
It’s all about testing an institution to make sure it can offer patients the safest, most effective treatment and care possible.
It also publicly demonstrates standards of quality and provides reassurance to patients.
All hospitals we work with are affiliated with all major insurance companies, and accept patients from all over the world who have private travel / medical insurance.
Choosing the right surgeon is one of the most important aspects in ensuring results of clinical excellence for our patients and to provide the highest possible level of care.
The surgeons who we work with need to adhere to the below requirements:-
- Members of specialist register within their respective countries (equivalent to our GMC)
- International Society Member such as the Royal College of Surgeons
- Members of International Surgery Boards such as the International Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Professors of Medicine. This ensures that the surgeons are an exceptionally high level within their medical field and they are not entry level consultants.
- Teaching position at their local university and teaching medical students
- Specialised in their particular medical field and performing over 250 surgeries of that specialization per year
- Frequently attend conferences and lectures showcasing new techniques
- Keep up to date with latest medical advances, technologies, procedures and practices
We are dedicated to ensuring the best possible surgery outcomes for our patients.
Our hospitals have very strict infection prevention protocols and procedures in place.
Before admission, every patient is pre-screened for MRSA.
Hygiene Policy & Sterile Operating Environments
We have a strict hygiene policy in place to ensure the safety and cleanliness for our patients:-
- Sterile operating theatres with Laminar flow systems
- Operating theatres are thoroughly cleaned after every single procedure.
- Operating theatres are cleaned by UV light to ensure any bacteria is destroyed.
- No cross contamination caused by the patient beds
- Surgical Instruments go through totally separate areas of dirty, clean and then fully sterilized.
- No entrance to Theatre areas without being fully changed into Theatre Scrub attire.
- Theatre Scrubs worn by medical staff are only worn in the Operating Theatres and are kept in sterilised areas.
- No Jewellery is to be worn in the Operating Theatre.
We monitor the surgery success rates for all of our patients and are extremely proud that we have achieved excellent results with zero patients experiencing any attributed post-surgery complications.
Staff to Patient Ratio
Each hospital has a ratio of 2 members of staff to each patient. This ensures patients receive a very personalized and highly efficient service at all times.
Advanced Surgical Facilities and Medical Expertise:
Many patients travel abroad to access medical procedures or medical technology which might not be readily available in the UK such as:-
- Hybrid Operating Theatres
- HEPA-filtered laminar flow ventilation systems
- 3d Laparoscopy
- Minimally Invasive surgery
- Da Vinci Robotic surgery
- Cyber Knife Treatment
- Proton Therapy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Endoscopic Brain Surgery
- Robotic Guided Biopsy
- Joint replacement implants with a 30 years guarantee - Oxinium
- Advanced Joint Replacement Technique - Visionnaire method
- Open & Silent MRI
- PET Scans
Our overall aim is to ensure that our patients receive medical treatment in a hospital with a reputation of clinical excellence with highly specialized and extremely experienced surgeons who are assisted by dedicated nursing teams which all combine to ensure patients receive a very personalized and dignified level of care at all times.
All the above factors contribute to ensure the best surgical results and patient outcomes.